Thursday 29 November 2012

Theme Park Scene 5

Since my last update, I have made some alterations to the disc primitive that give it a centre point. From here, I was able to create a cone primitive to be used as the roof of the carousel. I have also improve efficiency by removing the normal calculations from the disc, and simply looped through all of the vertices and assigned them to Y 1. This prevents a considerable amount of unnecessary computation taking place. I have also created a 'ring' and 'hoop' primitive. The ring is flat, the same as a disc, however has a hole of customizable size in the centre. The hoop is a 3D implementation of the ring, using two ring primitives for the top and bottom surfaces. However, my normal calculations algorithm does not yet work properly for rings or cones, and this is what I will be working on next.

The normals for the cone primitive on the roof make it appear black.

The centre point of the disc primitive can be seen in wireframe mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment