Friday 23 November 2012

Theme Park Scene 2

Continuing my work on the Theme Park scene, I have been attempting to add a Cylinder primitive. In order to do so, I have also created a Disc primitive to be used inside the cylinder primitive. However, I am having trouble defining a draw order for the vertices that make up the faces between the rings, and have been getting some strange results from my algorithms. My intention was to use the existing vertices in the discs to create quad surfaces between each four points. I will continue work on the cylinder primitive at another time. Some pictures of the results are below.



I have also modelled a small ring toss stand to go in the park, displayed below. This is yet to be complete, as I need a cylinder primitive to finish it.




I have also modified the scene's lighting to make it brighter. In true christmas spirit, I also intend to add a 'Christmas' mode to the Theme Park, which will change the ground to snow and spawn snowmen at various locations around the scene. If I have time before the deadline, I will also add a basic snow effect.



My final addition in this update is the ability to move the camera up and down on the Y axis. However, the camera does not rotate on it's X axis, so it does not fly freely as of yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment